List of Scholarships for SC/ST students
- Scheme of Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students by the Govt of India/State Govt/U.T. Admn. Studies in India:
Those candidates belonging to OBCs so specified in relation to the State/Union Terrritory to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. is permanently settled, who have passed the Matriculation or higher secondary or any higher examination of a recongnized university or Board of Secondary Education and who belong to a family having income not exceeding Rs. 1 lac per annum are eligible
- Scheme of Post Matric Scholarship for student belonging to Minority Communities for Studies in India.
Schloarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade. In the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh.
- Only Scheme of Merit Cum Means based Scholarship for students belonging to Minority Community i.e. National scholarship portal
- Financial Assistance to students for SC/ST categories under the budget head improvement of education. Sub head for providing Subsidy/Grant/Assistance i.e. Rs. 10 lac. The income criteria for grant of Financial Assistance to SC/ST student of the teaching departments is Rs. 2.50 lac.(Income limit Rs. 2.50 lac) & other formalities like Post Matric Scholarship.
- The following scholarships are to be given to students belonging to Scheduled Caste and special grants to girls belonging to Scheduled Castes.
The girls belonging to the Scheduled caste whose parents annual income does not exceed Rs. 60965/-, shall be given an extra benefit of Rs. 50/- per month and Rs. 60/- per month at post graduate level.
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme of the Govt. of Punjab
Those students belonging to the Scheduled Castes whose parents/guardian are the permanent residents of Punjab State and are studying in any recognised college in any part of India are entitled for scholarship, provided that the yearly income of their parents/guardian from all sources should notexceed Rs. 2,50,000 & tution fee & other non-refundable charges be not taken from the SC/ST students belonging to Punjab State at the time of admission for various courses other than self-financing courses of the Panjab University and its Regional Centres from the Session 2009-2010.
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme of the Govt. of India
Only those candidates who belong to Schedules Castes so specified in relation to the State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs i.e. permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible provided that the yearly income of their parents/guardian from all sources should not exceed Rs. 2,50,000. (For the students belongs to Punjab State i.e.www.dpipunjab.org)
Enquiry No(s): 1800-180-2065, +91 172 2534818, 2534866 (from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm & 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm on working days including Saturday)